By: Laura Seago BuzzFeed Manager, Marketing Solutions
1. TACOS. Especially of the breakfast variety.
Preferably hailing from one of the great breakfast taco meccas of Austin: Torchy’s or Tacodeli.
2. Rescuing shelter dogs
Usually from Austin Pets Alive!
3. Free outdoor concerts (like Blues on the Green)
4. Doing yoga at Black Swan
5. Doing yoga on stand-up paddleboards
6. Doing yoga on stand-up paddleboards with dogs
7. The flagship Whole Foods
Which has a bar featuring $8 WINE FLIGHTS
8. Iconic graffiti
9. Food trailers. ALL OF THEM.
OMG KIMCHI FRIES I LOVE YOU CHI’LANTRO.
10. Floating on rivers
11. Proclaiming our love for Austin to anyone who will listen…
12. …yet forbidding them from moving there and crowding our beautiful, sprawling landscape.
15. Barbecue, obviously.
Salt Lick field trip!
We will literally wait in line four hours for this. Because Franklin is the holy grail of brisket.
ALL HAIL BRISKET!
16. Alamo Drafthouse sing-alongs, quote-alongs, and, above all, Master Pancakes.
17. Things with “local,” “organic,” or “vegan” in the title
19. Paul Qui, and all of the heavenly food he has brought to the capital of Texas
20. Rainey Street
Because who doesn’t love a bar that’s basically just a house with a food trailer in the backyard?
21. Barton Springs
22. Standing up for what we believe in
23. Austin City Limits
Because why would you ever want to go to CHICAGO for Lolla? No.
24. Partying on the lake
Also, wakeboarding on the lake
25. Ryan Gosling
He’s, like, practically one of us.
26. Signs. All of the signs.
27. Local musicians
Like Bob here.
28. And getting to listen to them live. All the time.
These guys are Friendly Savages.
29. Tex Mex, margaritas, and Mexican martinis. Preferably all at once.
30. Every single store, eatery, and music venue on South Congress
31. (Especially Amy’s Ice Cream)
Mexican Vanilla, GET IN MY MOUTH!
32. Texas football
33. Expressing ourselves.
Just as the thong cyclist has taught us
And this woman at Eeyore’s birthday
And of course: Leslie. RIP.